Pay offers you the option of exporting transactions to DATEV using the accounting export function. When exporting to DATEV, both the receipts (if available) and the credit card transactions including pre-accounting (e.g. G/L accounts, suppliers/merchants, VAT rates ...) are synchronized with DATEV.
To have DATEV activated, please contact us directly. We will inform you as soon as DATEV is activated. You can also check whether DATEV has been activated for your organization in the web app under Settings - Integrations.
Pay offers three different options for transferring data from Pay to DATEV:
- Download DATEV CSV file (incl. archive with receipt files) and import into DATEV Accounting
- Download DATEV XML file and transfer to DATEV Unternehmen Online (DUO) via DATEV Accounting
- DATEV interface via DATEV invoice data service 1.0 to DATEV Unternehmen Online (DUO)
We currently set the connection via interface by default. If you prefer the file download (XML, CSV), please let us know.
Prerequisite for setting up the DATEV interface
The DATEV interface can currently only be used via a credit-side posting.
Before you can transfer transaction data from Pay to DATEV Unternehmen Online (DUO) via the interface, some requirements must be met in DATEV and Pay:
Check whether the DATEV client is set up correctly.
Make sure that the processing form is set to "extended" in DUO on the Vouchers start page. If this is not the case, please ask your tax advisor to change the processing form to "extended" under Settings - Processing form - Processing form.
Check whether the financial year set in DATEV corresponds to the current financial year. If this is not the case, please contact your tax advisor.
Have DATEV Invoice Data Service 1.0 activated by your tax consultant:
- to the corresponding client, i.e. their organization
- to the corresponding user who sets up the interface
Create the general accounts in Pay under Settings - Accounting - General - scroll down:
- Pay credit card account: Number of the payment account via which all credit card payments are to be booked in DATEV
- Standard supplier account: Number of the collective vendor account to be used for the credit-side posting of credit card payments
Cash transit account: Number of another payment account against which the settlement payments (direct debits) or top-up payments are booked by Pay.
Payroll or top-up payments cannot currently be transferred to DATEV via the interface. You can download these payments in the Pay App under Payments - Download as DATEV XML or DATEV CSV and upload them to DATEV.